“National Geographic Journeys with G Adventures is a collection of unique tours designed to take you deeper into the cultures and habitats of the places we explore. They offer more inclusions than normal G Adventures trips, greater hands-on exploration, interactions with local experts, and the freedom to roam, all within the structure and security of travelling in a small group.”
“National Geographic Journeys is for the traveller that wants to feel immersed in a destination — not crowded in a bus. It’s a small group of only 6 to 16 people, so you really get to experience a destination, meet local people, and connect with the world around you in a more intimate way. This type of tour is meant for the traveller that has been inspired by the works of National Geographic and wants to see and experience the world. It’s also for the traveller that wants freedom and flexibility, along with the comfort and security of a small group. These tours feature the learning and exploration that National Geographic is so well known for. While you get a sense of adventure with built-in free time, you also get access to special projects that are supported by G Adventures or National Geographic, as well as fascinating experiences built on the themes and values both organizations are known for.”
- HELP CHANGE THE WORLD – When customers travel with National Geographic Journeys, they are helping fund G Adventures’ non-profit partner Planeterra and community development initiatives worldwide — as well as supporting the National Geographic Society’s non-profit work in conservation, exploration, research, and education. Ripple Scores for each tour demonstrate the difference National Geographic Journeys makes in the communities it visits.
- LEARN ALL YOU CAN – Pre-arrival articles and tips from National Geographic help travellers get to know their destinations before their trips so they can get the most out of the experience. The local CEO (Chief Experience Officer) for every tour offers their own unique wealth of knowledge. They also are available to offer suggestions on where to eat or what to see when travellers are given free time.
- FEEL THE FREEDOM – Travellers enjoy having an itinerary with free time and opportunities to choose their own adventures with lots of optional experiences to truly make the trip their own. Free time is built into each tour to encourage exploration of the city and private dinners if that’s what customers prefer.
- EXPERTS ON HAND – Unique interactive experiences with local experts on most tours, such as marine biologists, photographers, Buddhist monks, and chefs provide opportunities to learn about the destinations.
- ACCOMMODATIONS – Whenever possible, accommodations reflect the unique character and offer a true sense of a destination. Examples include a Jordanian desert camp and a converted fort in India.
- MORE MEALS – In relation to G Adventures’ trips, there are more meals included in National Geographic Journeys. However, not all meals are included to give travellers the freedom to explore on their own. Travellers can expect to have breakfasts and a handful of lunches and dinners included.
- LOCAL TRANSPORTATION – What better way to experience a destination then aboard its local transport like a tuk-tuk, rickshaw, or camel ride?